Last minute travel subscription service, cheap tickets in exchange for a monthly fee…
Rama Poola, CEO of SkyHi (the first on-demand service for commercial airline tickets.), joins John Matson and Nick Vivion (tnooz) in the MouthMedia Network studios powered by Sennheiser.
In this episode:
- About SkyHi’s most interesting recent use case, with people using it to go to Sundance Film festival, one click and they were ready to fly to Salt Lake City
- How last minute travel is a bit of a business case
- Looking at how removing all pricing allows free flowing travel action
- How SkyHi wasn’t originally targeting corporate travelers, and was marketed toward digital nomads, but realized business people were joining
- How an experience in Lisbon created an idea for the business
- Why technology has been traditionally stifled in the travel industry
- The way SkyHi found a strategic partner out of Hungary who had done this before
- The business model of SkyHi
- OTAs seem to want to haggle for the business, they want the customer to buy, but keep it a distance from them
- How SkyHi is making it easier for customer, but price arbitraging in a seamless, invisible way
- Booking within a minute is game changing in itself
- Loving the experience of flying
Hosted by industry leaders and relevant business experts, Travel Is Your Business (TIYB) podcast features discussions inspired by recent news, useful in-depth interviews with thought leaders, innovators and top brands setting the pace and changing the face of travel, announcements by business leaders on initiatives and milestones, and commentary about virtually anything in between — making insights into business and technology within the travel industry entertaining, meaningful and accessible.