Lithium battery-powered travel…
Ned Horneffer, Director of Business Development for Romeo Power Technology (creators of the world’s most energy-dense battery packs) joins John Matson and Bess Chapman in the MouthMedia Network studio powered by Sennheiser.
In this episode:
- Romeo Power Technology is counting on that electrical is the future of transportation
- Electrification will take over all forms of transportation, batteries tech will increase
- The challenge of being able to retrofit vehicle with batteries
- Startups can move quickly, they are really sold on lithium and electrification
- Larger players, the secret is to find out how serious they are
- Developing and getting a proof of concept for a fleet of vehicles
- Regional transportation need so great, could affect regulation
- Will technology affect consumer behavior, or will consumer need push technology development and adoption
- Will people know how to handle it?
- Flying cars
- Influencing regulation as a brand
- UL certification important
- How battery power for aircraft can open up airports with noise restrictions
- Marine sector is off and running
- Norwegian strength
- Battery-run cruise ships?
- The danger of batteries and fires
- Level of confidence in safety, tech is at a point that if you build batteries the right way they will never explode, single cell fault tolerance and pack construction avoid chain reactions
- Punctures are a primary danger
- Transportation is a means to an end
- Appreciating the world is big when things go wrong with travel